Faire Launches to Retailers in Quebec
September 20, 2022 | By Faire
Faire, the online wholesale marketplace valued at over $12 billion, announced today that it is available to independent retailers in Quebec, now serving retail customers across all Canadian provinces. Faire is proud to expand its network to local retailers in the region which represents 20 percent of the total Canadian economy, helping brands across Canada reach one of their largest home markets.
Over the past 18 months, Faire has expanded into 17 new countries throughout Europe and Australia, supporting 600,000 retailers and 85,000 brands in total around the world. Faire’s launch in Quebec marks another key milestone for the company in its mission to empower independent retailers and brands everywhere to compete on a more level playing field.
“We’re thrilled to open up our platform to retail customers in Quebec, an important Canadian market and home to thousands of small businesses,” said Faire co-founder and CTO, Marcelo Cortes. “With our Canadian headquarters in Kitchener-Waterloo and the recent opening of our Toronto office, it’s ideal timing to expand our community of Canadian retailers to help entrepreneurs grow their local and international footprint.”
Since welcoming Canadian customers to the marketplace in 2019, Faire’s brand and retailer community in Canada has seen substantial growth. Canadian retailers have placed nearly 250,000 orders on the platform to date, while Canadian brands currently offer over 350,000 unique products on the marketplace. Quebec-based sustainable homeware brand Gharyan Stoneware is already stocked in over 600 Faire retailers around the world. “Since we started selling on Faire, our sales have increased considerably and we are now reaching retailers internationally,” said Ghassen Ghariani, Gharyan Stoneware founder and CEO. “But most importantly we started building strong relationships with our clients, thanks to the tools and support that is offered by the platform.”
Earlier this year, Faire launched the mobile app in Canada, making it easier for retailers to find the best products for their shops. To continue improving service to Faire’s Canadian community and provide a seamless yet customizable shopping experience, retailers based in Quebec will have the opportunity to use the platform in French or English. Quebec-based retailers who join Faire will also benefit from:
- Access to a global network: Available on desktop, Android, and iOS mobile apps with 85,000 international brands, Faire enables retailers to discover unique products from around the world.
- Competitive credit terms: Faire offers 60-day payment terms to purchasing retailers, providing more payment flexibility and security, a benefit that was previously only available to retail chains.
- Free returns: Faire is the first wholesale marketplace to offer free returns, eliminating the burden of inventory risk by allowing retailers to buy with confidence in an unpredictable environment.
- Data-backed insights: Through machine learning, Faire’s algorithm offers smart, data-driven recommendations and insights on what will likely sell in a store for a specific retailer.
- Curation: Retailers can compete with larger chains by discovering high-quality, unique brands and products through tools like Showroom or by shopping by value tags like ‘Not on Amazon.’
Quebec is home to over 30,000 retail businesses, with over 60 percent representing small businesses with less than 10 employees, according to Statistics Canada. By expanding Faire’s network to independent retailers in Quebec, a region where retail accounts for the second largest employer of all jobs according to the Retail Council of Canada, Faire aims to provide this promising entrepreneurial community with the best inventory, financing, and fulfillment they need to thrive.