Faire’s mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams, and one of the ways we do this is by building a curated wholesale marketplace for our growing community of makers and retailers. This summer, we announced the addition of select International makers to the Faire marketplace and today we are excited to announce that Canadian retailers can now discover and order from the thousands of curated makers available on Faire.
Canada has been an integral part of our journey from the very beginning. It is home to Faire co-Founder and CTO, Marcelo Cortes, one of our company headquarters, and a large community of local makers and retailers. Today, we partner with more than 200 Canadian makers, like Rina Clarke, founder of Buck Naked Soap Company — a line of all-natural and vegan skincare products.
“We’ve loved working with Faire and are super excited they are opening up to the Canadian market,” said Rina Clarke, founder of Buck Naked Soap Company. “As a Canadian brand, this will increase our exposure nationwide — within our backyard. This launch will give international exposure for smaller Canadian makers and retailers who often have to work twice as hard to grow their business.”
Since Faire launched in the U.S. in 2017, we have heard that Canadian retailers also want a seamless way to discover and try unique items risk-free. The Faire marketplace makes it possible for retailers to discover new products guaranteed to sell in stores and reduces the risk associated with trying new brands in-store.
We know that makers and local retailers thrive when there is a level playing field. Ecommerce and big-box retailers have access to big databases and tech tools to build their competitive advantage. The adoption of new tech tools like Faire allows local retailers to streamline the more tedious aspects of wholesale and access these insights to grow their business, too. With Faire, Canadian retailers can focus on sourcing from the world’s best makers risk-free.
Here is what Canadian retailers can expect from Faire:
- Discover new products in time for the holiday season. Get instant access to more than 7,000 makers on Faire. Our curated selection of high-quality products, including Made in Canada brands like Buck Naked Soap Company and BKIND.
- Hassle-free ordering with low shipping rates. See exactly what duties and shipping costs to expect upon checkout when you add products to your cart. Take advantage of our exclusive rates with FedEx and get customs brokerage free of charge, and receive the shipment in 2–5 business days.
- Net 60 payment terms and free returns on all first-time orders. Connect directly with new makers and discover your future bestsellers. If products don’t sell, you can return these products to Faire at no cost.
- Retailers in Canada can now use Faire to discover and order from 7,000 curated makers
- Faire will eliminate risk by displaying a landed cost to make the process of estimating duty and shipping fees easy
- Canadian retailers can anticipate competitive shipping costs on orders from US makers along the same lines as domestic shipments thanks to Faire’s exclusive pricing with FedEx
- Net 60 payment terms allow retailers in Canada to try new products in stores, risk-free
- For partnership inquiries, email the International team at firstname.lastname@example.org.